Jerome Arbee Week #16 Free Memories

 I think we all remember the freedom that we had before we went into lockdown before Covid. We all have memories of running around without masks, School without masks, and even the cold breeze hitting our faces when it was windy. We have so many memories of the times we experienced before the pandemic. These so called "free memories" or memories of our freedom. we have all experience freedom before as before stated with life before the pandemic even if we did not know it yet we were experiencing such freedoms of life without masks. Another example of this would be relatable to some which would be the freedom of a drivers' license and being able to drive. A example I have the luxury of having myself. Remembering that we have freedom is a big part of having freedom because if you cannot exercise your right of freedom how can it be used properly. Freedom is a right that can only be fully utilized when remembered to do so. Our memories of freedom are what provide light into injustice and the omittance of freedom from our lives. Memory plays a vital role into freedom being a connection from the past injustice and the change that allows for freedom. This free memory promotes freedom and allows for recognition of what freedom truly is. With out memory or even the concept of memory freedom wouldn't exist because the principle of freedom is based off of being set free from previous restraints allowing for full advantage to be taken of a situation. This being said what are some freedoms you have been granted? I would have to say my favorite and most freeing freedom would be being able to drive.

Comments

  1. Hi Jerome,
    You are absolutely right that it is important that we remember that we are free people to be able to use that right. I think the people that would be affected the most by this concept are immigrants. Often times, people who have moved from their home country to the U.S, forget that they have the power to essentially do what they want now. It is important that they use their newly acquired rights to spread the knowledge that they have and spark some kind of change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the old adage “you never know what you have until it’s gone” is relevant here. However, there are some things about the “old days” I certainly don’t miss! While I yearn for the days when I was able to take a breath without smelling my own (ew), I actually like that businesses are now following proper hygiene practices. It’s unsettling that it took a pandemic for them to do that, but still. Nonetheless, I understand completely what you mean and I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jerome, our memories most certainly do facilitate the desire for freedom. It is the culmination of how we remember the restrictions of the past that ultimately influence the push for freedom in the future. I don't have my license yet, but I can definitely imagine how liberating it may feel to drive. I think another notable freedom could be learning how to cook a wide variety of meals, and consequently, being able to choose what you eat without having to spend money at a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jerome, I agree with the topic you brought up in your blog that it is important to remember and realize that we have freedom. Our memories before the pandemic can serve as something that we remember fondly and that freedom we had was not realized until it was gone. My favorite freedom that I have is being able to take charge of my own life and decide things for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jerome, I read your blog, and I found your topic about freedom and memory to be very interesting. Oftentimes, our perception of things is based on our past experiences with it; this is where memory plays a big role in our lives. The memories of our good times allow us to truly experience the preciousness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jerome, your blog reminded me that memory allows us to remember our privileges, and it also helps us to reflect on the things that we take for granted. Some of my freedoms also include being able to drive, and also having my own bank account with the money I make in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jerome, freedom is the american dream, but you made me realize that sometimes we don't even recognize the freedoms that we have. we all must be appreciative of what we have because we do not realize how important it is until it is gone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jerome Arbee Week #10: Powering Power

Aarav Saki (Week 12): Dream

The Power of Fear