Amani Khanna- Week 12: Self Care

I believe that people truly underestimate the impact of taking time out of the day to take care of yourself. Everyone is so focused on making the people around them happy that they forget about the body they reside in. It is so incredibly important to take even five minutes to participate in an action of selfcare. This could be as simple as taking a shower and putting on a facemask or writing down the things that make you happy. Researchers say that “A delay of sufficient self-care leads to a decline in physical, mental, and spiritual health. Over a longer term this can cause chronic diseases” (healthylifestyle). Not maintaining your mental well-being will result in serious problems in the future. Nowadays it is becoming increasingly important to pay attention to these activities because “Depression is the most common mental health disorder in the United States among teens and adults” (teenhelp). Self-care is known to “promote rest and relaxation, which benefits our overall health and wellness, and it also promotes healthy relationships” (psychreg). A daily recognition of being will reduce the risk of common complications that people encounter. I used to be a victim of the belief that these things would not create a significant impact on my life and that I was different. However, I have been increasingly happier and livelier since I started walking, cooking, and spending time with my family. I created a skin and hair care routine that made me feel confident in my own skin. Selfcare can turn you into a whole new person!







Comments

  1. Hi Amani, I found your blog to be very interesting, and I agree that it is important to take care of ourselves first. As we progress in society, the pressures we face are increasingly high. While it is important to focus on our studies and careers, it is also crucial to take our own well-being into account. Only when we are in a good mental and physical state can we accomplish anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very interesting take on personal power. A lot of this cohort’s blog posts have focused on power over others, but yours calls attention to our power over ourselves. I really like the examples you provide of self care because they are good reminders that simple actions count as personal wellness too! I personally used to associate “self care” with elaborate spa days, but just taking a shower can have a huge impact on mental health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amani, I've always put utmost importance on self-care as it has so much power within itself; without self self-care, our mental and physical health would be severely damaged over the course of time. Some ways I practice this include taking my dog on walks between breaks and eating a filling snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amani, I found your take on the importance of self-care very interesting. I agree that it is always important to take care of yourself and your mental health as it has been proven to have many positive effects on one's life. Doing simple things such as taking a shower or even going outside for a walk to take a break from doing homework can greatly improve one's mental health. Personally, I try to take a break from schoolwork by going on a walk and enjoying the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amani, I totally agree that self care is important. I just don't do it because you know... APENG is a thing. At this point I have forgotten what self care is in favor of the MLA guide lines. (I still haven't fully figured those out either). Thank you for the reminder however, I will do my best to do something for my mental health. After I finish my homework.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amani, I definitely agree with your take on self-care as a power. I think that taking the time for self-care is often misinterpreted as being pointless or unproductive, when in reality it is a valuable investment into the state of your wellbeing and mental health. Also, without self-care, it would be quite hard to operate at 100% efficiency when trying to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amani, I agree that self-care is essential. However, many people do not realize that if they do not help themselves, they can not help others to their best ability. Self-care is also needed to keep yourself happy, whether mental care or physical care. I think that both types are essential. However, sometimes, it is necessary to forget about self-care and focus on finishing a particular task.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amani, I completely agree that self care is a power that we all posses however I feel like most of us tend to neglect it with the responsibilities that we have. people do not understand the gravity of this power and therefore cannot fully utilize it to the fullest extends to help with our self progression.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aarav Saki (Week 12): Dream

Jerome Arbee Week #10: Powering Power

Daniel Alvizo 4/27 Wait... What Was I Doing Again?