Angie Week 14 Meaning of a Memory

picture link

Many of us most likely possess a pleasant memory of something enjoyable that has occurred in our lives. For example, I may remember a specific day at school very vividly. Now, I am not saying that I remember exactly what I wore that day, or what I had for lunch. In my case, what I remember about that day was wearing cow pants with my friends and receiving a compliment from Mr. Cain. I remember going home that day in a happy mood with a smile on my face. Memories like these are created with the people around you.  

Oftentimes you will hear the phrase saying that it's not where you spend your time, but who you spend it with. As humans, it is our natural instinct to interact and develop social networks with others. The memories that fill our hearts is a major defining characteristic of how we lead our lives. Similarly, we may not always remember what a person says to us, but we will always remember how they make us feel. Words are merely just a means of communication humans use to convey their feelings and emotions to others. The expressions of tone and attitude in language helps gratify and give them a more powerful effect. 

Memories, therefore, are created in the presence of others; a memory that is shared is what makes it precious. A memory that is created for two people is meaningful only when both people acknowledge it; if the memory is only left for one person to hold on too, then it is probably better to let go of it.


Comments

  1. Hi Angie, I think your inclusion of the picture of Joy holding the core memory blog is perfect for your blog! I completely agree with your blog, as many of my most cherished memories involve others, especially loved ones. Sharing amazing memories with others is something to adore and reflect on as time passes, adding to the amazing qualities of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie, I really enjoyed reading your blog on the feeling associated with happy memories and memories that include loved ones. Sometimes even thinking of a happy memory has the power to influence your own mood. Being able to share and cherish these types of memories with others is what makes these memories precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea that people will always remember how you made them feel has been framed and hung in offices, classrooms, and homes across the country to the point of cliche, but cliche or not it is still entirely true! I respectfully disagree that memories are only significant when shared, as some of my fondest memories are of my own personal accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie, the idea that memories recall emotions rather than events is one that I believe in. It therefore makes sense if as social creatures, our memories are more memorable when we are with other people. Our memory is a complex and strange mechanic in our minds, and it is always interesting to theorize what it is for, and how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie, I thought that your take on memories was really interesting. And, if I compare it with my own experience, I find that I mostly agree with you; many of my most valuable memories were created in the presence of others, and are made sweeter by the fact that those memories are shared with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Angie, I feel that your introduction to memories was a type I personally find myself lacking in recognizing. I don't really connect my memories to the people in them for me it is a bit more difficult probably because i like to make this difficult but i realize that connecting memories to the people they include is also a was i remember thing and find this realization very interesting especially because i never noticed this simple fact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie, I think that the way you explained memories was great. Now that I think about it, we remember the way things make us feel, not precisely what the thing is. For example, when someone compliments you, you remember how it made you feel, not the exact compliment. I do think that in some cases, we also remember the words. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the way you summarized memory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jerome Arbee Week #10: Powering Power

Aarav Saki (Week 12): Dream

The Power of Fear